You know how I feel about excuses, but the last few months have been like that picture: menacing doom!! But its only a feeling, right? Everything is really okay. Right? Still, the loss of control haunts me still. Everything seems okay. Until its not!!
And so fast. Each day get gets a little bit worse than the other. You say ‘I’ll do this’ or ‘say that’. And you get all tied up like Brer Rabbit in the briar patch, with only your wits to help you. You’ll live on, but you’re a bit less sure. PTSD with a serio-dramatic twist. Laugh or Die. Laugh AND die!!
I thought that if I could write it out, I’d be cured. But its not happening. Middle of June, middle of July, and its August. I was exhausted.
I start again.
Just a little post today.
Next week I’ll be taking a class on memoir writing. Like a writers’ workshop where we critique each others produce. And some classic memoirs found in The Art of the Personal Essay by Phillip Lopate. Maybe I’ll get to be a better writer. Maybe not.
I’ve been reading Duane Kelly’s blog, “Lapis Loquens” where he gives caveats to the frustrated artist. But its approaching mid-night and tomorrow WILL be another day.
- lopate (3quarksdaily.com)
- Brer Rabbit Down the Well (g1312021.wordpress.com)
- Download Br’Er Rabbit in the Briar Patch (Walt Disney’s American Classics) (Oct 1989) (ayfoduji.wordpress.com)
- Brer Rabbit and the Blackcerry Bush (g1312021.wordpress.com)
- Response: The Ecstasy of Influence (jinnykoh.wordpress.com)