Like A Fight Cluber Swallowing His Mouth Guard; Poets Often Feint.
I am a man of many interests, I guess, and poetry has always been one; although I’ve never been known to take quill to claw. [I usually just prick myself.] Its the efficient economy of words that drives me. Anyone can rhyme, but it takes a master to master rhythm, cadence, and implicated levels of meaning.
I was a sophomore at Brooklyn College in 1960 when I thrilled to John Ciardi‘s How Does Poem Mean. My punster‘s mind knew I was only a rube. But Robert Frost schooled me some. Many promises later, I still take a dip in my inkwell, to drip, drip, drip my dribulations.
For a month or two, given the vagaries of time and circumstance, I’ll forego politics. Geraldo and O’Reilly, Marco and Mitt; be gone. I have many other promises to keep, many snowy eve’s to ponder.
There are many finer poets than I. But I am an accomplished “finder”. A “compiler”. Data bits, Google “hits”, and playing the hits on The Poem Parade. A Make-Believe-Ballroom of Poetic Edification.
“Oh, I’m flying now”, the 11 year old boy sang to his Granco radio, late at night, when the adults were asleep. Stories, stories, stories!
And maybe now: I can write again!
Sorry. Where was I? Oh: I was day-dreaming.
Fight club for poets!! Yes; yes.
After a moment of inspiration; off again!! This season’s T.D.D. starts with poetry and music. Maybe it’ll make it make sense as I go along.
I’m having such fun.
- poetry in poems (adetokunbohr.wordpress.com)
- The Pit of Poetry (thereadingworkshop.com)
- (Poetry) and (Prose) and (The Poet) and (The Writer) (adventuresinamericanwriting.wordpress.com)
- Homage to Dead Poets (musingbymoonlight.com)
- HauteLit from HotLanta: Romanticism (writersclubkl.wordpress.com)
- Rhyme (ofsol.wordpress.com)
- No one likes an angry poet – especially Starbucks (taxresearch.org.uk)
- November Bouldering Poets! (jackkerouacschool.wordpress.com)
- November Poets: Betty Roszak & Murray Silverstein (albanylibrary.wordpress.com)
- O, Rice! a Poet Reports From Bali (electricinthedesert.wordpress.com)