I’ve been thinking about what to with this blog.
I’ve enjoyed playing the manic blogger. I can write all day. And I really mean all day long. 10:00 AM to 2:00 AM with a few breaks, of course; and
dozens hundreds of misspellings a day, filled with puns, and song lyrics, and literary references, a boyhood memories, and political opinions, and more. I didn’t know I could do it but I”m AM doing it!
But I’m also learned a bit about limits. The inner cost of my mania is exciting, exhausting, unnerving, disturbing,… humbling. Yes, humbling. I am humbled by power of the words. Not my words; the power of word making itself. I don’t want that much power. I have always, since my teens, thought that the story of Ferdinand the Bull was my totem. I was athletically strong and fast. But I wanted the flowers. I could move your furniture in the morning, and write you a poem in the afternoon, and make love to you all night. There I go, doing it right now!
But I am an old bull now! In the nighttime, my wife and I sleep all cuddled up in an Norman Rockwell painting so cloying you could [קלויינג] plotz! But we’ve earned it.
Another thing that writing does to me, and I feeling it right now, is how much it overstimulates me. Describing this experience more? Isn’t this enough? Can’t I modulate? I’ve been broadcasting mega-decibels. Gigawatts! See!!! I can hardly stop. That’s my assignment.
For today, It is enough.
And, lest you forget:
—– —– —–
My aphasic friend, REDOABLE, advises me to indicate the length of time in each post. This one started in 9:57 AM. Its now 11:55.08 AM. I’m taking another nap.
- The Elements of a Great Pop Song (gearslutz.com)
- Obscure Song Typography – This Scribbling Lyrics Tumblr Pairs Words with Appropriate Typefaces (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- What The Hell Are They Thinking at FRESHLY PRESSED? # (evelyngarone.wordpress.com)
- Change, Permanence, Security (rudyelijah.wordpress.com)
- A schedule of sorts…. (lechatmysterieux.wordpress.com)
- Norman Rockwell exhibit opens in Texas (scoutingmagazine.org)