I got it now. Adding “tags” to posts allows other posters to notice you. This is the way you find friends on WordPress. Or other blogging sites.
Want to be in contact with others of similar interest? Press the :Follow” button after searching for “Topics”. Comment and respond to others with similar tags. And you’ve got an audience and friends.
Adding “categories” is different. Categories are an internal filing system for your own posts. I’ve seen bloggers load up on ‘categories’ like they were famished wedding crashers at a smorgasbord, How can you eat when your hands are filled with plates? What to read first?
Its taken me 6 weeks to learn this. Somebody should tell WordPress. I’d do it myself, but I’m busy with the deviled eggs.
- Talk About Making My Day!!! (earthoceanskyredux.com)
- HOW TO: Get Those Categories And Tags Back In WordPress (blazingminds.co.uk)
- Fix Those Pesky WordPress Category and Tag 404s! (journalxtra.com)
- Progressively Restructuring in a mildly ironic way (piratesobg.wordpress.com)
- 7 Tips for Designing Your New Blog (theworkathomewoman.com)
- How to Pull More Readers into Your Content with One Simple Trick (pressography.com)
- Looking for Advice on Article Tagging (nofluffjuststuff.com)
- Daily Tip: Disable WordPress Users without Deleting Them (pressography.com)
- Topical Blog: Zemanta, Tags and Etc. (sixty3mc.wordpress.com)